Wednesday, April 23, 2008

fighting self

I'm going to consider this a post-script and use it to inform my next post.  I'm not ready to dive into the next topic in question, yet, but I want to at least write it down as a reminder and as motivation to get on it at a more reasonable time.

Communication.  What an absurdly wide field of examination.  So much information, so many signals, in so many different forms, are exchanged constantly.  The idea of trying to pinpoint the foremost "innovation" in communication is just silly.  Human communication may be, for my purposes, the ultimate form, but since communication of one kind or another has occurred for so very, very, long, attempting to name the most important point in the unfolding of its history is a naive and foolish pursuit.  Verbal/written language is but a grain of sand on a beach.

That said, I'd like to move onto the question of what can be communicated other than information.
Again, this might just be testing the limits of the English language.  But I'd like to work that out for myself when it's not so late and I'm not so sleepy.

Sometimes you just wake up with an idea.  Most of the time, it's best to go back to sleep.

Read quotation marks at your discretion.

No comments: