Saturday, January 12, 2008

advice

I don't know what to do about my personal life.

It's something that is very difficult to talk about with friends, especially to get advice on, because my friends (very respectfully) aren't inclined to tell others what to do or how to live.
So I talk to my doctor about it.

He advises me, very strongly, to try to meet new women. I explain to him that while I still feel physically attracted to women I don't know, that I see day to day, I feel uncomfortable approaching them and trying to ask them out. It seems to me that there is no way to do this without seeming like a sleaze (and sometimes I feel that there are no women I know already who are interested in, or capable of, getting involved with me).

I don't want to sound pathetic here, but sometimes I feel very lonely. I haven't even kissed a girl in over six months, and...well...I don't want to go into how long it's been since I've been really intimate with someone. It seems like a lot of people I know are in relationships, meaningful ones, and I wish I was too.

I've been OK alone all this time, I guess, but I think I would be a lot happier if I had someone to share my time with and really care for. I know not having someone is something I can deal with (because I have been) but I certainly don't want to deal with it anymore.
I know in a previous post I said I wasn't ready for a romantic relationship but that was when I was having a huge depressive mood swing. Which happens.

OK. I'm done bitching. I promise, in my next post, I will muse about something or try to talk about something less personal. This is probably getting boring. But please stick with me.

1 comment:

Katie M said...

You shouldn't feel uncomfortable approaching women you don't know - we actually find it quite flattering. Even if we don't accept, you can be sure we won't forget the gesture anytime soon.

That said, I've been reading some of your stuff, and I think I like it a lot.

Good luck with everything.

Kate